One of the worst problems that we currently face with drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse, in general, has been the ongoing trouble and difficulty of addiction growth without a resulting increase in general awareness or understanding of the problem.
Growing Addiction Problem
More and more it is becoming a well-known and currently well-understood problem that drug and alcohol addiction is at its worst ever, but the average American is not as informed on this as they should be to effectively be able to combat and address the issue. For some quick data and insight as to the problem as it stands in the nation today, consider the following facts and statistics and information about this issue:
- According to the Trust for Americas Health, substance abuse is at its worst ever in this country, and this is now more of an issue with legal substances more so than it ever was before with illegal substances. This is to say that people are falling on hard times more so with the abuse of legal substances like prescription drugs at rates never before seen, and legal prescription drug abuse is becoming more of an issue than illegal narcotic abuse ever was.
- What this means is that people are falling on hard times with the drugs that they were prescribed to help them, or people who were never intended to partake of the substances are getting hooked on them. As one can imagine, this is obviously very concerning and very problematic, to say the least. Studies now show that, of the 8 million people who are addicted to drugs, about 6 million of them are addicted to legal substances and these are almost always prescription drugs.
- Furthermore, with about another 4 million people abusing a combination of prescription drugs and alcohol, we can really start to see just how concerning and problematic this issue really is. If we do not address it soon then it will become a lot more problematic and worrisome for all who are affected by it.
- The Trust for America’s Health published a study on this that pinpointed prescription drugs as being the key source point for America’s current substance abuse epidemic. According to them, between 2001 and 2005, American pharmaceutical industry increased the production and distribution of very dangerous and addictive pill drugs by over 300% between 2001 and 2005.
- What this did is it put three times as many pills into the hands of the American populace, which as one could imagine also increased addiction to these substances as well. Overall, substance abuse suddenly became quite problematic and concerning, to say the least, and soon people were falling on hard times with addiction to these substances like never before.
- What all of this made in the long run was that addiction was now a huge issue that, if it was not addressed quickly, would result in full on catastrophe for all who were affected by it. As one can imagine, this was very concerning and difficult, to say the least.
Percodan is just one of the literally hundreds of addictive pharmaceutical drugs that have increased in prevalence. Percodan ingredients show what is Percodan, and that this is yet another rather generic and rather common opiate prescription pain reliever substance, one of which is just as addictive and just as prevalent as all the rest.
Percodan is an opiate prescription pain reliever drug, so by its very nature, it is addictive in a way. The substance is pretty controlling and pretty unpleasant in a lot of different ways, and people can very easily become addicted to it when they take it recreationally, when they take it not exactly as prescribed, or a lot of times even when they take it exactly as prescribed. All in all, this drug is very addictive and very dangerous, to say the least, and when people get hooked on it, they end up struggling very bitterly with it and end up getting themselves into a position where they rightly are not sure of exactly what to do to get off of their habits to it.
This is where the importance of addiction treatment and rehabilitation comes into play, and this is where the need and necessity for effective and capable drug and alcohol addiction treatment become very important and necessary. For more information on how to address an addiction to Percodan, reach out to Best Drug Rehabilitation today at our toll-free number. Best Drug Rehabilitation is able to show people the right way to freedom and to abstinence from addiction. Though kicking an addiction is difficult, it is not impossible when one has the help of the right treatment center. Let us help you find yours today.