There is no better way to measure the effectiveness of an addiction treatment program than by hearing positive drug rehab reviews from former clients and graduates. Many facilities view their success in terms of families reunited and lives saved, and this is accomplished by offering clients a program that can be customized to encompass all of their unique needs.
With a sincere desire to become drug-free, combined with the expertise of the facility, clients graduate and begin living life on their terms. As they begin to reclaim their place in society, applying the skills and tools gained in treatment will provide the confidence needed to face obstacles head-on, and with each new victory, they become even more empowered to remain in control of the path they take in life.
The Families – Finding a New Beginning
Unfortunately, most addicts are unaware of the wide circle of devastation they have created, and in most cases, family members are the ones who suffer the most. Spouses and children are often neglected, abused, or end up living in poverty as a result of the addict’s behavior. They have been lied to, stolen from, and forced to stand by watching as their loved one self-destructs. Shame, fear, and guilt become the norm, and the family structure eventually erodes completely, but it doesn’t have to stay this way forever.
With help from Best Drug Rehabilitation, addicts and their families can turn things around, reestablish trust, and find a new beginning. Our approach to recommending the best treatment is centered entirely on the individual client. No one is forced to endure a rigid routine that they are uncomfortable with, and we allow clients the option of choosing a path to therapy that they feel is suited for their beliefs and preferences. Our goal is to help clients choose a program that will develop a greater sense of self-esteem, repair emotional scars, and restore physical well-being. In this way, graduation doesn’t simply mean the client is finally finished with treatment; it means he or she is physically and emotionally stronger, and eager to begin anew.
How to Pick a Drug Rehab Center
This process will be confusing and frustrating, but a little research on drug rehab ratings will help narrow down the choices. There are also several questions you need to ask before making a final decision. For instance, you should know:
- Does the facility treat a variety of addictions? If you’re addicted to only one substance, it might be better for you to choose a facility that specializes in treating that specific substance.
- Who uses this program? Some programs are designed for professionals such as CEOs or other high-level executives. Others cater to women only or men only, while others cater to LGBT individuals. There are also programs based on specific religious beliefs such as Christian, Catholic, Judaism, or Native American/Indigenous programs.
- What is the environment like? This relates mostly to residential/inpatient facilities. You could be at the facility from 30 to 90 days or more, so you want to be sure the accommodations are comfortable, clean, and safe.
- Which program options are offered at the facility? You want a comprehensive program that addresses all aspects of the addiction including physical, emotional, and spiritual. A wide range of choices includes detox, counseling, fitness and exercise routines, meditation or quite-time, nutritional guidance, family involvement and aftercare services.
- Is the staff and facility state licensed or credentialed? This information is readily obtained by calling the facility or by checking online. You also should check to see if the program is CARF certified, which means they must consistently adhere to stringent quality-of-service guidelines.
Most facilities have a toll-free number that you can call to undergo a confidential assessment and get a program recommendation based on your specific needs. Be sure to discuss insurance or financial arrangements at this time to avoid any misunderstanding on this issue. Most facilities are happy to answer any questions you have regarding their drug rehab reviews or ratings, so don’t hesitate to call. You can also check their website to read the success stories from former clients. These testimonials are very encouraging and offer indisputable proof that rehabilitation does work.
Why Best Drug Rehabilitation?
We believe each client deserves to be treated with the utmost respect and seek the programs that employ only the most compassionate staff and counselors to ensure that our client’s needs are always met. We believe one of the most outstanding aspects of a program is one that strives to teach clients how to live a healthier lifestyle, and this, in turn, helps them avoid the temptation to return to using substances such as drugs or alcohol. Also, a program should be designed to teach clients how to assume full responsibility for their behaviors, and provide a wide range of program options to help clients develop skills such as self-discipline, goal-setting, and improved communication techniques.
Some of the main components of an effective program include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Group and Individual Counseling
- Educational Lectures and Sessions
- Self-help and 12-Step
- Conscious Decision Making and MRT (Moral Reconation Therapy)
- Handling Anger
- Life Skills Groups
- Physical Fitness
- Music and Art Therapy
- Faith-based Programs
- Indigenous or Native American Programs
At Best Drug Rehabilitation, we realize that it’s easy to stay off drugs when you are in a protected environment and for that reason, we recommend that clients enter an aftercare program that provides continuing guidance, support, and counseling during his or her attempt to transition back into society. When clients leave a facility, they are never left to face the outside world alone.
Benefits of Rehab
Naturally, the first benefit of rehab is gaining freedom from addiction. It sounds simple, but becoming drug-free is not a point you reach and then stop. It is an on-going process, taken one day at a time, for the rest of the person’s life; therefore, the benefits of rehab must be effective enough to remain with the person as they proceed on this journey.
The benefits of rehab also extend to others who have been affected negatively due to an addict’s behavior. Family members, friends, employers, neighbors, and society as a whole benefit greatly each time an addict overcomes the addiction and returns to being a positive influence in the family and the community.
To better understand how expansive the benefits of rehab can be, the following facts reveal part of the big picture regarding drug abuse:
- Only 10% of the 23 million people needing addiction treatment do so.
- According to NIDA, Americans spend over 50 billion dollars a year on illegal drugs.
- Over 30% of the people entering drug rehab centers are 20 to 29 years old.
- Illicit drug use among the 50 to 59 age group is due to the rising costs of prescription drugs.
- More than 8 percent of people aged 12 or over abuse illicit drugs.
- There has been a 40 percent rise in employees testing positive for narcotics.
- Over 13 million Americans abuse alcohol daily.
- More than 2.4 million Americans use cocaine daily.
- Most people arrested for criminal behavior test positive for cocaine.
This list is only a partial representation of the problem with drugs in America today, but if those people could get the treatment they need and return to being productive members of society, the benefits are immeasurable.
Addictions also place a financial burden on society and governmental agencies. For instance:
- The US Government spends over $8.8 billion in drug research and prevention programs.
- Regulating alcohol and tobacco costs society over $5.1 billion annually.
- Drug traffic prevention expenditures total over $2.6 billion annually.
- Health-care costs related to drug abuse exceed $207 billion annually.
- Law enforcement to process drug-related crime costs $47 billion annually.
- Education programs regarding the impacts of substance abuse cost over $33 billion annually.
- In all, total costs to society for drug-related issues are $559 billion a year.
Learn More About Treatment Through Drug Rehab Reviews
Rehab facilities are expanding their services to provide effective, affordable addiction treatment to as many addicts as possible. If you or someone you love is in need of these type services, gather as much information as possible, whether through a rehab review or a conversation with a counselor at the facility, and get started in a program right away. Or you can contact us at Best Drug Rehabilitation and let us help you find the right program for your needs.