There is no doubt that drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse, in general, is a concerning and problematic issue negatively affects millions of people every year. Also, some people have trouble affording addiction treatment because they don’t know their options.
Sadly, drug and alcohol addiction affects a lot more people in this country than most people realize. Forr example, no less than twenty-three million Americans suffer from a variety of substance abuse battles.
All told, there are about one-hundred and twenty million Americans who are either closely affected by an addict or who are addicted themselves. To fully grasp just how bad this issue is, consider the following statistics:
- According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, treating an addict for a drug or an alcohol addiction is fifteen to seventeen times more effective than trying to utilize imprisonment. In fact, for every crime that incarceration would prevent, sending the addict to a treatment center would eliminate fifteen crimes. Plus, the addict would be far more likely to come out clean and sober and no longer a substance abuser. Rehabilitation helps people on a more permanent level. Studies show that when struggling addicts go to an addiction treatment center, they overcome their addictions. When they go to jail, they often return to using drugs as soon as they are released. They may receive some form of physical detox, but they are still addicted to a substance on a mental and a psychological level.
- When it comes to drug and alcohol abuse among the nation’s youth, it was found that this is a much bigger problem for teens than previously thought. This is to say that more than eight out of ten teenagers and their parents now feel that the teens of the nation are suffering from an alcohol abuse epidemic and alcohol is more of a problem than drugs. Furthermore, six out of ten teenagers said that at least some of the students in their classes abused drugs. Among high school seniors interviewed, eight out of ten admitted that they knew someone who was a drug user. This shows that substance abuse is becoming a much bigger problem for young adults than ever before.
Affording Addiction Treatment Today is Easier
Drug rehabilitation is the key to beating an addiction, and there is no doubt about that. Drug rehab costs can be pretty hard to confront though, and figuring out how to put together a rehab payment can be overwhelming for some people.
One of the best ways to pay for addiction treatment is with the help of health insurance. For a quick glance at insurances that have at some point provided coverage for addiction treatment clients, consider the following information on various insurance policies:
- Assurant Health Plan and Community, United Behavioral Health Plan, Great Western American Health Insurance, American Health Care, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health Insurance, GEHA Health Plans and Policies, APS Health Care Insurance, Aetna Health Care, Cigna Health Care, and Coventry Insurance PPO.
- The First Care Health Plans Organization, HCSC Health Insurance Inc., United Health Care Services, Magellan Health Services, Exclusive Care Health Care Inc., LifeSynch Health Plans, First Health Network, APS PPO Health Care, The Medical Mutual Health Insurance Organization, American Health Group, and The Community Health Choice Association.
- High Mark Health and Living, Humana Insurance Plans and Policies, Health Smart Insurance, Cooks Children’s and Adult’s Health Plan and First Care Approach, American Family Health Insurance, ComPsych Health Plan PPO, The Managed Health Network, America’s Health Insurance Plans, and The Health Net Insurance Plan.
For more information, call Best Drug Rehabilitation today at our toll-free number.