When it comes to really getting a handle on a substance abuse problems it becomes a matter of applying effective and lasting rehabilitation methods and techniques to it, much of which ends up being the key focuses and approaches for a lot of people. One approach that works for many people is a faith-based rehab program.
Although kicking addiction does take a lot of work for those who take part in it, the methods and recovery techniques that work the best always start with creating some level of awareness and understanding of the problem. For some insight into some of the issues and crisis factors that need to be taught and addressed, consider the following facts and statistics on these issues:
- As the demand for effective addiction treatment increases, so does the increase in the numbers of treatment centers that exist in this country. However, just because there are now more treatment centers does not mean that the problem is being completely addressed. Studies show that there is still a huge treatment gap in this country, the direct result of the skyrocketing statistics on substance abuse.
- Furthermore, there is a huge treatment gap in this country because of the fact that people who are addicted to a drug the alcohol generally speaking simply do not want to get help for their problems. Generally speaking, they just want to keep on abusing drugs and alcohol with no thought for the consequences of it.
- Studies show that only about 15% of those who are actually addicted to drugs and alcohol want to get help. This is indicative of the fact that addiction is a constant and growing and increasing problem of the very worst kind. One of which is very concerning and difficult, to say the least, and one of which causes a lot of problems and hardship for people.
- The problem here is that if people do not end up getting help for their addictions then they will probably continue to abuse substances until these issues completely take over and end their lives. In a lot of ways that is the direction that substance abuse, unfortunately, does go for people, and is very characteristic of the difficulties that people face with addiction.
- Our nation constantly struggles and suffers from addiction issues of one kind or another, and these problems tend to create a lot of worry and concern for people. It is well understood that substance abuse at this point threatens to completely take over in this country and that addiction issues, in general, are very concerning, to say the least.
- What we know about substance abuse at this time is that it is a very real threat to a lot of people and is something that statistically speaking becomes riskier and more concerning with each passing year.
- What we also know about substance abuse is that if we do not correctly and effectively address this issue soon then it will only become more difficult and problematic with each passing year. Case in point, studies show that the addiction crisis in this country has grown by over 200% in less than two decades.
- Prior to the turn-of-the-century, there was barely more than 10 million people who were addicted to drugs and alcohol. Now, however, there are more than 23 million people who are viciously hooked onto some kind of substance abuse habit.
- Furthermore, prior to the turn-of-the-century, barely more than 20,000 people died from substance abuse every year, but now more than 100,000 people die every year, which is an increase of massive proportions to the point where more than 200 people die from this issue every single day.
- Ultimately as one could imagine this is very concerning. If we do not really take our time to effectively and stably address addiction as it stands right now then these sorts of issues will only get more difficult and more concerning with each passing year.
Faith-based recovery is one of the most effective and helpful recovery approaches that those who need to get clean from addiction can take part in to effectively tackle addiction. Faith-based drug rehab centers are able to teach faith-based rehab programs, and these methodologies and techniques are very efficient and very helpful, to say the least in assisting people who desire to get clean and free from addiction and who want to employ a Christian or other faith-based approach to doing just this.
A faith-based recovery allows people of religious backgrounds to really be able to get the tools and the care that they need to effectively jump into recovery and to use their faith to help bolster them in recovery. For more information on this, contact Best Drug Rehabilitation today at our toll-free number.