Are Addiction Interventions Still The Best Way to Help Loved Ones?
Are addiction interventions the best choice when you are trying to persuade a loved one who is struggling with substance abuse to get professional help? The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration worked with the National Survey on Drug Use and Health and performed an interesting study on addict willingness, length of time in treatment, and success rates of intervention. Here are some of the points that they put forth:
- First of all, the initial results of the survey and study showed that the vast majority of people who were struggling with addiction were not in fact willing to go to a treatment center for their addiction. The research and survey showed basically that people who struggle and suffer from an addiction to drugs and alcohol just want to go on continuing to use and abuse drugs and alcohol willy-nilly, and just primarily want to keep on abusing substances without any real thought or consideration for their lives and their loved ones either.
- As for how the numbers panned out, on average, about eighty to ninety percent of people who struggle and suffer from addiction are not willing to go to treatment for their addiction.
- With this in mind, an intervention is necessary. Studies show that about fifty percent of all interventions done without a professional interventionist are successful, and about seventy-five percent of all interventions performed with the help of a professional interventionist are successful.
Tips for Addiction Interventions
With the above study data in mind, it becomes vital to apply drug intervention tips and to learn how to have successful addiction interventions and to glean successful strategies. The goal here has to be to get a reliable, firm, and a solid idea of just exactly how to help an addict, not only get into treatment but to help them get into full rehabilitation that includes all of the treatment options.
How Plan Successful Addiction Interventions
When you are approaching the prospect of performing an intervention on someone, there are things to apply and methods to take to try to ensure that it is successful and workable for all involved. With this in mind, the result ultimately needs to be to get that person willing to go to treatment. Listed below are a few tips and tricks for having successful addiction interventions:
- Hire a professional! This point cannot be stressed enough. When faced with the challenge of having to perform an intervention on someone, one’s overall chances of success are exponentially increased if they directly hire a professional to assist them.
- Be tenacious. Some might think that they would not want to push overly hard on an addict, yet the opposite is true. You want to push them and to push them to get them to get help.
- Follow up. If an intervention does not work, this is by no means the end of it. In fact, it is still just the beginning. When an intervention does not work, the very next approach must be to just try again at a later time perhaps a few days later on. When this is done in this way, the person can have a much better go of it and is more capable of being successful and stable in their recovery.
Call Best Drug Rehabilitation for Addiction Treatment
The counselors and specialists at Best Drug Rehabilitation can work hand in hand with professional interventionists to not only ensure that clients are willing to get help, but to ensure that they will be able to receive the full width and breadth of the services offered at the center. For more information, call Best Drug Rehabilitation today.