Drug and alcohol addiction destroys lives and leaves addicts, their friends, and family caught in a spiral of pain, confusion, and loss that can end in prison or death. The first ray of hope an addict desiring to get on the path to recovery has is the initial admission that they have a problem and need help to address it. Once that seemingly impossible hurdle is crossed, the path toward sobriety can begin, and that means deciding what kind of support and treatment should be sought. One type of program to consider is private addiction treatment.
It is important to note that addicts often require more than one attempt at achieving long-term sobriety, and this should not be seen as a sign of failure, but rather another opportunity to find a more efficient method and build a better support system for success in the future. Once the admission of a problem and the request for help is made, the addict and their family have to ask, “What next?” Each addict requires a different combination of therapeutic methods to create the most helpful structure to sustain nascent sobriety. The most intensive and safe environment for this kind of exploration is often a residential private addiction treatment center like Best Drug Rehabilitation.
What are the Benefits of Private Addiction Treatment?
The primary answer to that query is in the question itself: privacy. While some addicts find an effective treatment in 12-step programs and other outpatient services, those types of programs can only go so far in protecting an addict’s identity. This can be a problem for someone who has just recently admitted that they have a problem at all. Shame is a central part of addiction, and those who are seeking help are often hesitant to sit in front of a bunch of strangers and admit that they are suffering, or have people on the sidewalk or other public places be able to identify them and what they are facing.
Seeking treatment in a private addiction center allows at least a basic level of privacy — everyone on the street or in the meeting center doesn’t immediately have to know that this person is an addict. The person’s anonymity is maintained while they enter the initial process of seeking treatment.
Private addiction treatment provides other amenities not available in outpatient or different kinds of treatment centers, as well:
- Individualized Programs – Treatment facilities like these design programs based on the needs, circumstances, and input of the addicts and their families, rather than merely assigning a one-size-fits-all plan to every client. After all, the staff is only seeing the addicts at this particular point in their journey, while the family, friends, and addicts themselves have a much broader perspective that can help make treatment more effective.
- Personal Attention – Private addiction treatment centers not only protect client anonymity, but they also offer shelter, a safe zone away from places and people associated with using. Most of all, each client receives thorough, personal attention to help address their problems based on the program created by the addict and family upon intake. One-on-one counseling is considered by most experts to be imperative to the success of addiction treatment.
- Smaller Program Sizes – In private treatment centers, the number of clients enrolled for treatment at a given time is usually limited to a small, manageable amount to assure that each person receives the focus and treatment they need from the staff, and any group activities aren’t so significant as to be overwhelming.
- A Feeling of Connection – In small private addiction treatment programs, the staff and the clients have a better opportunity to connect more quickly than in an outpatient or larger residential facility. The faster an addict feels they are not alone in their struggles and feel they are part of an intimate community that understands what they are going through, the more likely they are to hang on to the early days of sobriety.
- Close Medical Supervision – Private addiction treatment centers usually have a skilled medical staff on hand to supervise physical detoxification and offer support and encouragement necessary to address mood issues or other mental illnesses that could exacerbate addictive behaviors.
Best Drug Rehabilitation Offers Private Addiction Treatment
Private addiction treatment centers like Best Drug Rehabilitation provide a warm, home-like, personalized environment where the client can let go of all the stresses and worries of the outside world and focus exclusively on the things they need to get sober. Most centers of this type don’t just address the addiction itself. They provide tools that are necessary for the recovering addict to utilize when they return to the real world such as behavioral components, anger handling abilities, improved thought patterns for stabilizing emotions and improved coping skills as well. With the one-on-one, 24/7 support offered by private residential facilities, gaining this knowledge is more comfortable and more effective than in larger facilities or outpatient treatment programs.